This market report takes a look at the carrier billing landscape in the Nordic region: Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway.
While access to traditional payment methods (card-based payments) in the region is high, data shows consumers often prefer to pay for online purchases with carrier billing. According to SuperData Research, the market share of carrier billing in the Nordic countries for digital gaming ranges from 10% to 21%.
Unlike credit cards, carrier billing does not require the user to share any personal (financial) data to complete transactions. This the primary reason for the popularity of carrier billing in the Nordics.
Due to less data being gathered, checkout flows for carrier billing are much shorter, leading to increased conversion for merchants; this also means consumers do not need to worry about their data getting leaked or used for fraudulent purposes.
In the report below, we have profiled the digital ecosystem and demographics of each of the Nordic countries. We have additionally included internal data from Fortumo, sharing information on what carrier billing solutions look like in the country, as well as data on user spending behavior.
- Demographics: population of the country, median age, localization suggestions
- Economy: GNI per capita, bank account access, debit and credit card ownership, taxation, currency exchange rate
- Telecommunications: mobile phone and smartphone ownership, mobile broadband access, prepaid SIM market share, telco market shares, GSMA Mobile Connectivity Index Score, platforms used to access digital content
- Marketing: Google Play cost-per-install (CPI) as compared to the US market
- Merchant deployments: list of leading digital merchants partnered with telcos in the country for carrier billing or bundling
- Carrier billing data: monthly median revenue per user, transaction volume change, carrier billing popularity for digital content purchases, price point distribution, user spend distribution
Leave your contact details below and you’ll get access to the Nordics market report immediately.