We are happy to announce that starting today, direct carrier billing with Fortumo is now available for payments in Canada. With all of Europe and North America covered by Fortumo, our list of supported countries has increased to 74.
Roughly half of Canadians claim to be gamers, with 36% of them preferring to play games on their computers and 25% on mobile phones. From mobile platforms, Android dominates with a 40% market share.
The game industry is booming in Canada as well - based on the number of employees, Canada is the third largest video game development country in the world, with games contributing approximately 1.7 billion USD into the economy annually.
Useful facts about Canada:
- Population: 35.1 million (2012 est.)
- Number of mobile phones: 26.5 million (Source: CWTA, Q3 2012)
- Official language: English, French
- Official currency: CAD (Canadian dollar)
- Mobile operators supported by Fortumo: 13 (Rogers Wireless, Telus Mobility, Bell Mobility plus 10 virtual network operators)