2017 is off to an interesting start with big acquisitions happening in the payments, streaming and gaming industries. Below we have listed the biggest news stories and analysis on the market from January. Make sure to also keep an eye on the Indian telecommunications market, where two of the biggest carriers are supposedly merging and government policies on direct carrier billing are also being reviewed.
Hope you find our reports useful and make sure to check out January’s recap below!
- Buffer: Where Social Media Is Headed in 2017: The Biggest Trends to Watch For
- Gamesindustry.biz: What does a mature market look like in mobile?
- Mobile Ecosystem Forum: What’s in store for the mobile ecosystem in 2017?
- The Fast Mode: Operators Need Big Data Analytics, Carrier Billing, Mobile Identity Services to Arrest Revenue Decline Due to OTT
- Trak.in: India Beats US in Google Play Store Downloads
- Reuters: As price war rages, Vodafone India seeks merger with rival Idea Cellular
- Borntobeglobal: Accelerate international growth with global payments
- Payments Cards And Mobile: Mobile payments fraud set to become painful in 2017
- E27: Ant Financial buys US-based money-transfer company for US$880 million
- Medianama: Watal Committe Report recommends regulation for Carrier Billing in India
- Midia Research: Music subscriptions passed 100 million in December. Has the world changed?
- Business Insider: Here's one reason why Apple, Google, and Amazon are getting into the music streaming market
- PwC: Here's one reason why Apple, Google, and Amazon are getting into the music streaming market
- The New York Times: Tidal, Jay Z’s Streaming Service, Sells a Stake to Sprint
- Mobile World Live: Talking Tom app maker acquired for $1B