We hope March has been a successful and productive month for you! If you’ve been too busy focusing on your own work, we have recapped the biggest news of the mobile world for you below.
In addition to that, make sure to check out Fortumo’s research from March: market report on carrier billing in CEE, how MENA’s leading livestreaming service grew their revenue by 10% with carrier billing and tips on preventing fraud on your payments platform.
And now on with the recap!
- The Media Briefing: 10 media trends for 2017 and beyond
- The Atlantic: The Facebook Algorithm Is Watching You
- VentureBeat: 5 things Silicon Valley needs to know about India’s massive smartphone market
- Economic Times: Vodafone, Idea mega merger: The 7 must-reads
- CNBC: Android users will surpass Apple users in app spending in 2017, report says
- GSMA: State of the Industry Report on Mobile Financial Services 2017
- Mobile Payments Today: MasterCard mimics direct carrier billing model with new Veon pact
- Channel News Asia: New Singtel service allows Indonesians to remit money to those without bank accounts
- TechCrunch: Amazon confirms acquisition of Souq, marking its move into the Middle East
- E27: India-based Flipkart secures US$1B funding, to raise US$1B more
- NY Times: Airbnb Raises $1 Billion More in a Funding Round
- Forbes: Amazon Prime Video, Netflix & Hotstar Slug It Out For India's $272M Video Streaming Market
- Capacity Media: Will OTT finally come to the rescue of Middle eastern carriers?
- TechCrunch: Spotify reaches 50 million paying users
- TechCrunch: Sky makes $45M strategic investment in Asia-based Netflix rival iFlix
- TechCrunch: Tinder Online is a new web version of the dating app