The month of November was an exciting one in the tech industry. For the first time ever, more internet was consumed from mobile devices than desktop. This comes as no surprise since mobile-only emerging markets are the driving force behind the digital ecosystem growth.
Governments in emerging markets are also pushing more people to go online: India’s recent demonetisation plan urges people to pay online and use less cash, something which carrier billing will also benefit from.
On Fortumo’s side, we published the first version of our carrier billing deployment tracker in November as well as a market report covering the Nordic region. For news from elsewhere in the industry, check out our monthly news summary below.
- Activate: Activate Tech and Media Outlook 2017
- The Guardian: Skyscanner sold to China's Ctrip in £1.4bn deal
- Variety: Alibaba Creates Media Group, Launches $1.5 Billion Fund
- Trak.in: Huawei Dethrones Samsung to Become the Most Profitable Android Smartphone Maker
- Payments Industry Intelligence: Mobile commerce to grow 200% faster than e-commerce in 2017
- The Verge: Android apps will soon be able to offer cheaper, introductory subscription prices
- Medianama: Understanding the Service Tax now applicable on online games, movies, music, software
- CNBC: Cyber Monday works to keep its crown after blockbuster Black Friday for online shopping
- Bloomberg: Alibaba Singles’ Day Sales Reach $14.3 Billion, Smashing Record
- PYMNTS: Amazon In $1 Billion Deal Talks To Buy Souq.com
- Mumbrella: OTT players Vs piracy: Fighting a losing battle?
- Medianama: Apple lets developers distribute free promo codes for paid apps