We wish you all the best for 2021 and hope this year turns out better than the last. Here is an update on new connections, platform updates and research that Fortumo’s team worked on during Q4.
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch.
The following telcos are now available on Unified SDK (previously Hosted DCB):
- Singapore: Singtel (50% market share)
- Bangladesh: Grameenphone (47% market share)
- Poland: subscriptions launched on Play (30% market share)
- Malaysia: Maxis (28% market share)
The following telcos are now available on Web SDK:
Unified SDK product improvements
Hosted DCB has been renamed to Unified SDK to reflect the product’s support for digital wallet payments. This change does not impact any existing integrations merchants have with Fortumo’s platform.
Unified SDK gives merchants access to Fortumo’s direct carrier billing and digital wallet connections while the checkout flow is managed by Fortumo. This makes launching multiple payment channels through one integration scalable and removes the need to localize checkout flows.
During Q4, the following features were added to Unified SDK:
- Added support for configurable retry schemas which can be used to override the default grace period for unsuccessful transactions (48 hours)
- Improved checkout flows in Indonesia and Myanmar: users do not have to select their mobile operator manually as the telco detection is now done automatically
- Fortumo’s Dashboard now provides an overview of available connections for merchants using Unified SDK
Trident Bundling Platform improvements
Fortumo’s Trident Bundling Platform lets streaming services (VOD, music, cloud gaming) easily set up multiple bundle and reselling offers with telcos (mobile operators, TV and STB providers, ISP-s) through one integration.
During Q4, the following features were added to the Bundling Platform:
- Added functionality to provision mobile data for prepaid bundles
- Added new GET INFO endpoint with improved performance
- Nordics market report published, profiling carrier billing in Sweden, Denmark, Finland and Norway