With another month behind us, let’s take a look at back at the biggest stories in the mobile industry from September.
On our side, we published our market report on India and outlined how carriers can improve merchant onboarding in light of recent issues with the topic from Australia. In October, you can expect a fresh market report from us covering Middle East & Africa, as well as an update to our Emerging Markets Payment Index for Q3.
Check out the recap below and we wish you a successful Q4!
- World Economic Forum: The smartphone is going to die - and these tech companies are leading the race to kill it
- Upstream Systems: 2017 Emerging Markets Digital Services Report
- GT News: The future is mobile, regardless of regulations
- App Annie: Today's Trillion Dollar App Economy is Only the Beginning
- TechCrunch: Google is reportedly releasing a localized mobile payment service in India
- China Daily: 84 pct Chinese can go out without cash: report
- GT News: Do carrier billing payments have a future under PSD2?
- Business Insider: Uber's new CEO plans to take the company public in 18 to 36 months
- Business Insider: Asia presents growth opportunity for tech-savvy insurers
- Forbes: India's Video Streaming Market Is Bigger Than Ever, And Here's Who You Should Watch
- Digital TV Europe: Netflix in front globally, but Amazon catching up in APAC
- TechCrunch: German dating app Lovoo is acquired for $70M by The Meet Group
- The Drum: Deezer continues its sports realm expansion as it touches down in APAC