Fortumo is a leading global provider of direct carrier billing that covers over 90 countries and more than 350 mobile network operators, and it is essential that this long-term role is accompanied with a sufficient level of trust. We value that you retain your privacy while using our Services and we will protect the information that you share with us. To protect your privacy, Fortumo has adopted these principles in accordance with the legal requirements of the Republic of Estonia, the European Union and world-wide practices for privacy and data protection.
Collection and Processing of Information
- Fortumo collects your information using two approaches. Firstly when voluntarily submitted by you on the Site (e.g. when you create an account), in the process of using the Services or in any communication (e.g. e-mails, skype chats) to Fortumo and secondly when obtained by Fortumo independently when you use the Site or the Services. The latter includes information which can be legally obtained using current technologies, for example information regarding your operating system, web browser, mobile network provider, country of residence, IP address, network connection, the device you use, the mobile payment services that you use, how you use the mobile payment services, what products you purchase etc.
- The information that Fortumo collects differs between end users of the Services (e.g. consumers) and merchants (e.g. publishers and developers). For example, from end users Fortumo may collect information such as name, phone number, e-mail address, payment data and statistics, country of residence, mobile network provider, type of mobile phone, operating system, payment behavior etc. From merchants Fortumo may collect information such as names of representatives, identification details, country of residence, address, e-mail address, phone number, banking details etc.
- Fortumo may collect and process (including automatically process) i) your personal or corporate information (e.g. the names of representatives of merchants, identification data of merchants) primarily to identify you; ii) your contact information (e.g. phone number, e-mail address) primarily to provide to you information and offers; iii) your transaction information (e.g. what product or service you purchased, banking details of merchants) primarily to correctly process your transactions; iv) information regarding your preferences (e.g. what products or services you have most frequently purchased) primarily to be able to offer you related products or services; v) information regarding your trustworthiness (e.g. data about payment behavior and violations) primarily for proper risk assessment, and vi) your location information (mostly based on your IP address) for determining language preferences and for statistical purposes.
- Additionally, Fortumo may collect and process the aforementioned information, information related to it and other information regarding you for the following purposes:
- deciding whether and on what terms to provide Services;
- provision of Services and customer support;
- processing and monitoring of transactions, the payment and billing thereof, and performance of other agreed tasks;
- understanding how you use the Services;
- resolution of disputes and enforcement of agreements;
- calculation and collection of fees;
- identification of you and verification of your transactions;
- prevention and investigation of prohibited or illegal activities or fraud;
- customization, updating, maintenance, protection and improvement of the Site and Services;
- provision of information, advertisements (including interest based advertisements), offers, update notices;
- comparison of information for accuracy, identification and verification with third parties;
- statistical, research and reporting purposes;
- to prevent money laundering and terrorist financing;
- other reasonable business-related purposes or purposes related to the above.
- Fortumo may use your information to offer or advertise to you Services offered by Fortumo, other companies of the Fortumo group or contractors of Fortumo. You may choose to not receive such offers or advertisements by notifying Fortumo thereof.
- Fortumo does not collect, share or process your sensitive personal information (religious or political views, health related information etc.) in any manner. Fortumo does not knowingly provide Services to, or collect personal information from, children 12 years old or younger.
Cookies and Tracking Technology
- In the event you do not wish to receive cookies, you may configure your web browser to not accept cookies or to notify you if a cookie is sent to your device. You are free to decline cookies, but you may not be able to use all the features and the functionality of the Site or Services.
- To find out which specific cookies the Site uses at any given time, please visit a specialized site and perform a cookie check on the Site. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics please visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Distribution of Information
- Fortumo may share your information that Fortumo has collected when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against, prevent, investigate actual or potential fraud, security issues, technical issues, unauthorized transactions or other violations; or (3) trying to enforce the applicable terms of service or other agreements; or (4) protecting against violations to the rights, property or safety of Fortumo, our users or the public as required or permitted by applicable laws; or (5) you have given your consent to do so.
- Merchants (providers of content) whose content you have purchased, may have access to your mobile phone number and transaction history relating to specific content provided by that merchant, mainly for processing transactions, customer support purposes (including for handling refund requests) and for proper delivery of content. Many of Fortumo’s merchants are based outside of the European Union, therefore Fortumo cannot guarantee that they follow the same regulations with regard to personal information as required by European Union legislation.
- Fortumo does not sell, lease, rent or make otherwise available your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
- Fortumo may share non-personally identifiable information (e.g. general payment trends, statistics) publicly or with third parties.
Commitment to Information Security
- Your personally identifiable information is maintained and kept secure by applying physical, electronic and procedural measures conforming to industry standards. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) of Fortumo have access to this information on a need to know basis. All emails, advertisements, promotions and newsletters from Fortumo allow you to opt out of further mailings.
- Fortumo processes information on its servers located in the European Union. We may process your information on a server located outside your country of residence.
- Fortumo shall maintain the information you have provided if so required or permitted by applicable legal acts for the duration stipulated in the applicable legal acts.